Staff Perfusionist/Clinical Instructor: Baylor, Houston
- Do you want to work in a highly functional team?
- Do you want to be more involved in research?
- Do you hate being on call all the time?
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, home of the world famous Texas Heart Institute, is looking for applicants for our soon-to-be-open staff perfusionist position. Call is shared evenly among ALL team members, from new grad up to chief.
Our team boasts solid pay, a good work-life balance (average call burden is 3 out of 14 days), and ample opportunities to develop outside the OR (Baylor St. Luke’s employees have won the last two Academy of Cardiovascular Perfusion presentation of the year awards).
Our case load is diverse and challenging, from easy AVR’s to complex aortic aneurysms. Our team also has the opportunity to work in our research lab, conducting CPB for new LVAD and stem cell therapies, and of course, being the home of the legendaryTexas Heart Institute School of Perfusion Technology, we work closely with the next generation of perfusionists.
Houston offers an affordable environment, good school districts, and a myriad of activities within driving distance. One of the largest cities in the country, there is something for just about everyone in Houston!
Located in the American South, Houston is a diverse city with a large and growing international community. The metropolitan area is home to an estimated 1.1 million (21.4 percent) residents who were born outside the United States, with nearly two-thirds of the area’s foreign-born population from south of the United States–Mexico border. Additionally, more than one in five foreign-born residents are from Asia. The city is home to the nation’s third-largest concentration of consular offices, representing 86 countries.
Many annual events celebrate the diverse cultures of Houston. The largest and longest running is the annual Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, held over 20 days from early to late March, is the largest annual livestock show and rodeo in the world.Another large celebration is the annual night-time Houston Pride Parade, held at the end of June. Other annual events include the Houston Greek Festival, Art Car Parade, the Houston Auto Show, the Houston International Festival,and the Bayou City Art Festival, which is considered to be one of the top five art festivals in the United States.
About the Position:
- Our case load is diverse and challenging, from easy AVR’s to complex aortic aneurysms. Our team also has the opportunity to work in our research lab, conducting CPB for new LVAD and stem cell therapies, and of course, being the home of the legendaryTexas Heart Institute School of Perfusion Technology, we work closely with the next generation of perfusionists.
- All levels of experience considered.
- Applicants must be board certified or board eligible, and new grads are welcome to apply.
- All candidates will be considered and all applications will be held in strict confidence.
- Please send resume’s to [email protected]
Click HERE to Find EMPLOYMENT 🙂
Catch the latest Perfusion news or peruse our article archive.