Website UCLA Health
Play a key role within a world-class care, award-winning health system. Help ensure the delivery of outstanding cardiac surgical care. Take your career in an exciting new direction. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As a perfusionist, you’ll be an important contributor to the nation’s largest and most advanced heart and lung transplant program. Our exceptional team of clinical professionals combined with leading-edge technology makes UCLA Health the trusted destination for the most diverse and complex cardiac cases.
You will provide critical patient care as you support extracorporeal circulation and/or oxygenation, myocardial and/or organ protection and preservation, blood component and drug/fluid administration. You will be responsible for the assembly and operation of the heart-lung machine and extracorporeal circuits, as well as the operation of heater, coolers and cardioplegia delivery system, blood concentrators, coagulation monitors, and long-term assist devices. This vital role may also include operating IABP, VAD and ECMO.
We’re seeking a highly-motivated, flexible individual with:
· A Bachelor’s degree with graduation from an accredited perfusion program
· ABCP and BCLS certification
· Experience with a variety of heart-lung machines, centrifugal pumps, IABP, implantable ventricular assist devices, intraoperative autotransfusion devices, blood saturation monitors, hemodynamic pressure transducers, ECMO, anticoagulation monitors, etc.
· Advanced knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry, including cardiac diseases, defects and congenital anomalies
· Knowledge of sterile and perfusion supplies, including extracorporeal oxygenators, tubing circuits, and cannulae for all patient populations
· Understanding of a variety of organ preservations
· Knowledge of blood products/components and plasma composition of the human body
· Exceptional communication, organizational, prioritizing and teaching skills
· Ability to learn and apply JCAHO, CDC, and AABB standards and protocols
· Knowledge of sterile techniques in the delivery of patient care
· Ability to work flexible hours as well as lift and move objects/equipment weighing up to 350 lbs.
Apply online at: https://www.uclahealthcareers.org/job/11412999/perfusionist-los-angeles-ca/
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles, as well as the highly-respected David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.