Website HCA Midwest Health - KC Perfusion
Do you have the career opportunities as a Clinical Perfusionist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Midwest Health!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Clinical Perfusionist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Under direction of the department director and CV surgeons, operate cardiopulmonary bypass machine to provide cardiopulmonary perfusion during open-heart surgery.
- Responsible for/ assist with ECMO initiation/management/transportation of ECMO pts.
- Operate cell salvage machines during all necessary surgical procedures.
- Operate cardiopulmonary support devices (i.e., VAD, IABP) when necessary.
- Perform laboratory tests necessary during perfusion procedures (i.e., ABG, ACT).
- Communicate with CV surgeons, anesthesia personnel and OR staff concerning needs of patients served.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of perfusion
- Current state of Missouri Perfusion licensure required (or eligible)
- Current certification (or eligibility) by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
- Eligible candidates must have ABCP certification and Missouri license within 90 days (unless new graduate of a perfusion school). New graduates of perfusion school must meet certification and licensure requirements within 12 months of employment
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required
- Certification and licensure must be maintained
- Previous clinical experience of 1 – 3 years preferred
- ECMO experience preferred
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status