Perfusion Candidates (outside the United States) pursuing employment opportunities within the United States must follow the items listed below:
- Item 1: Obtain a student visa to study in the United States (Steps found at following link)
- Step 1: Apply and Get Accepted to a US School
- Step 2: Receive Form I-20 or DS-2019 From Your School.
- Step 3: Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee.
- Step 4: Find Your Nearest US Embassy or Consulate.
- Step 5: Complete Form DS-160 Online.
- Step 6: Schedule Your Visa Interview.
- Item 2: Apply/Gain acceptance into accredited American perfusion education program (List of programs found at following link)
- Complete list of US perfusion schools: https://www.perfusion.com/school-search/
- Each school has its own set of entrance criteria, calendar, prerequisites, location, etc.
- Item 3: Graduate from accredited American perfusion education program (see school list above).
- Item 4: Pass the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion examination (ABCP).
- Item 5: Obtain a work visa to work in the United States (Steps found at following link).
- Step 1: Have a job offer in the U.S. …
- Step 2: Approved petition by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Step 3: Labor certification approval by the Department of Labor (DOL).
- Step 4: Complete the Online Non-immigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) and print the confirmation page.
- Step 5: Schedule your interview for Visa Application
More information about obtaining student and work visas can be found at the following government webpage: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment
More information about US Citizenship can be found at the following government webpage: https://www.usa.gov/become-us-citizen
Catch the latest Perfusion news or peruse our article archive.