Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Georgy View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Georgy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question
    Posted: Sep 02 2008 at 3:25pm

Hi,

I am a russian anesthesiologist living in Paris. During 14 years of my professional carrier in Russia I practiced as an anesthesiologist in cardio-vascular surgery including CPB management which is an anesthesiologist's responsibility in this country. For the personal reasons I would like to leave for Canada. Does anybody know what kind of qualification procedures I have to pass through to be able to work as a perfusionist over there? 

thank you,
                                                               Georgy Pavlovich   
k0ccp View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Quote k0ccp Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Sep 02 2008 at 7:22pm
Why don't you apply for a work visa for the US and come over here? We need CV anesthesiologists in the worse way. You are an MD?

Mike
Georgy View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Quote Georgy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 11:57am
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot  for your reply.
In fact, I would love to, but the problem is that I have Russian diploma that is not valid in the US. I am trying to have it validated here in France but the French don't seem to have a normal procedure for that here. My friends have just told me that in Canada there was an opportunity to get a job as a perfusionist with my papers and without passing the exams, which is important for I need a job to begin and some time to prepare the USMLE.  But I have visited several sites for perfusion and it looks like there are some exams to pass. So it is not quite clear for me. If there are the exams to get qualified as a perfusionist, do I have the right to try it?
I have no a slightest idea of how it is all going for foreigners.
 If you have heard anything about it,  let me know, please

Thank you one more time

George

Post Reply Post Reply