Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Smile View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Smile Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Medtronic Performer
    Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 2:32am
I would like to know if there is anyone out there using the new medtronic perfusion system (Medtronic Performer).

We are looking to buy a heart lung machine for a Government Paed Hospital, and due to costs, running centrifugal systems as a standard for all cases is not an option. Medtronic claims that the pump can run as a roller pump as well, but some after ive done some research it has shown that the system is actually a dialysis machine that is designed by another company and then just edited and rebranded as the
Medtronic Heart lung machine....

Now i have some serious frowns uppon this.. the rollers in the machine is also spring rollers... thus you are unable 2 set the occlusions on  the tubing... they claim the springs autoajust the occlusion but as we all know... how long will it take for the springs to wear out and thus lose occlusion????

Theres just quite a bit of questions around this machine if compared to systems like the S 5, System1,  Jostra etc... which is all pumps by companies thats proven their worth over time... or at least thats how im feeling at the moment....

I would love some comments on the Medtronic Performer by perfs thats using the system - and as a roller pump, not centrifugal only.... Is is an worth wile option between the S 5, System 1 ??

Will appreciate all coments.
Thanx :)

Edited by bvlich - Jan 01 2008 at 10:00am
Smile View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Quote Smile Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 2:35am
???? No replies.... Is nobody using the Medtronic Performer? Personally i think that might be an answer in itself...LOL
pmbay View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Quote pmbay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 1:48pm

I have used both before deciding on which machine 2 buy 4 my unit. Mail me personally(pgwessels@absamail.co.za) and I'll help u decide.

Regards
Pierre
 Post Reply Post Reply