Print Page | Close Window

Malignant Hyperthermia Protocol

Printed From: Perfusion.com
Category: Perfusion
Forum Name: Student Discussion
Forum Discription: This discusion forum has been created exclusively for perfusion students to share their ideas and experiences.
URL: http://www.perfusion.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=504
Printed Date: Jan 17 2018 at 6:49pm

Topic: Malignant Hyperthermia Protocol
Posted By: Adam
Subject: Malignant Hyperthermia Protocol
Date Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 5:25pm
I was wondering if anyone can share some information from their institute protocol when dealing with a patient who has experienced an occurence of MH. I am drafting a protocol to share in my class discussion and would be greatful for any advice or input on the topic. I just want to make sure I cover my bases and share any new findings.

Adam

Replies:
Posted By: ggrist
Date Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 1:04pm

Adam-

I have a Powerpoint program designed to educate perffusionists about MH.  You are welcome to it.  Just send me your e-mail address and I'll behappy to send it to you. I also published 2 articles on the subject in AmSECT Today .  Unfortuantely, I don't have digital copies of these.  But, if you contact AmSECT I think they will send you copies.

June 1998: Malignant Hyperthermia: Part 1

July 1998: Malignant Hyperthermia: Part 2

Gary Grist RN CCP < mailto:grist@cmh.edu - grist@cmh.edu >

Date Posted: Jan 18 2010 at 11:18pm
Mr. Grist-

Whatever information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Does your institution or company have a protocol that you could copy and/or share, for just edification purposes, for dealing with MH? I am trying to acquire a few copies of protocols from different institutions to compare and contrast, how we as perfusionist should handle this serious and potentially, life threatening situation.

Thanks again

Adam 

Posted By: ggrist
Date Posted: Jan 21 2010 at 8:52am

Adam, what is your e-mail address?

-Gary Grist

mailto:ggrist@cmh.edu - ggrist@cmh.edu

Date Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 4:22pm

theadam76@hotmail.com

Print Page | Close Window