Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rowccp View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rowccp Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Perfusion Staffing
    Posted: Oct 09 2016 at 8:11pm
Dear Colleagues,

How are you? I hope you are all doing well. I have a few questions in regards to staffing for call and ECMO, and I hope you all don't mind answering. The first question is how many perfusionists are on your team? Secondly, how does your call rotation work? Is it a week at a time or is it broken up? Aside from PTO are there any days off or "comp" days built into your schedule? Do you like your current schedule? If you could tweek something what would you tweek? Are you an ECMO center? If so how does ECMO affect your call? Once the ECMO is initiated, who monitors it? (Perfusion,nursing or respiratory). If perfusion monitors it, is it in-house staff or per-diem, and do you sit bedside? Are you compensated for the E-shifts you watch? If so is it an hourly rate or a lump sum? (I don't need to know the rate, or the sum). If your center has nursing or respiratory monitor the ECMO's how do you like that model? I realize I just asked you a lot of questions. You may not feel comfortable answering some or any of them. Which ever questions you choose to answer I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post.

Sincerely yours in perfusion

Ryan Williams

PS, If you see me at meeting please come and introduce yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply