Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bvlich View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bvlich Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Platelet Gel Paste
    Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 1:25pm
To All:

I am wondering if anyone is making a platelet gel antibiotic paste to apply to the sternum after cardiac surgery.  If anyone is currently using this technique, please respond.

Thanks,

Bryan V. Lich, CPP
sebastian View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Quote sebastian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 9:34am

I am an italian maxillo facial surgeon who would like to start working with your PRP in my surgeries.

I have some questions though;

Do I have to isolate it myself? How much does a basic kit costs?

Can it be done on the same day of the surgery?

Once obtained how long does it last, and what is the storation protocol?

How is it used for cronic ulcers, where multiple applications are intended?

What are the costs for the patients?

Thank you Wink

SEBASTIAN TORRES MD

Luis Pena,MD View Drop Down
Pumpling
Pumpling

Quote Luis Pena,MD Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Jul 17 2009 at 1:56pm
_popupControl(); Dear Sebastian : My name is Luis Pena, I am a venezuelan Cardiologist, living in Miami, please send me your email. I will send to you a presentation about the use of the PRP on your field. And additional information, I work for a company that do the PRP for several orthopedics surgeons and maxilofacials.
The time of the process after draw the blood ( 18, 28 or 54 cc that will give you 3, 6, and 10 cc of PRP), last 15 minutes and is doing inside of the operating room or  your work area. You can keep the product for about 2 hours with no problem ( usually we apply in less than half  hour ). The cost of the supplies are about $ 300 for each procedure, but it can find more unexpensive. The thrombin and calcium chloride to activated the platelets is about $ 97.
In this web page, you will find information about its use on diabetics ulcers and the protocol, and you will find some photos on the presentation.
Recieve my feelings of high esteem and respect.
                                                                                           Luis Pena, MD
 Post Reply Post Reply